At Assembly Biosciences, Inc. (“Company” or “We”), we respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.assemblybio.com (our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party; or
- any third party, including through any application or content that may link to or be accessible from the Website.
Our Website is not intended for children under 18 years of age and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. No one under age 18 may provide any information to or on the Website. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at the contact information provided on the Website.
You can generally visit our Website without revealing any personally identifiable information about yourself. However, to access certain options and services we may ask you to provide certain personally identifiable information and without providing such personally identifiable information, you may be unable to access certain options and services. We generally collect personally identifiable information about you only if you voluntarily provide it to us and you have the option not to provide any personally identifiable information to us.
Information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, investor type, business and any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”) will generally be collected only if you voluntarily provide it to us. We collect personal information directly from you when you provide it to us (i) by filling in forms on our Website, such as registering for use of various shareholder tools on our Website, (ii) when you contact us or our personnel through the Website, (iii) by responding to career postings, (iv) when you report a problem with our Website.
We collect information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, details of your visit, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website. The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it, e.g. process employment applications and follow up for inquiries from business opportunities.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To notify you about changes to our Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to host our website, support our business and/or analyze data collected on our site and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Company about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an e-mail address to use the “share” feature of our Website, we will transmit the contents of that e-mail and your e-mail address to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Assembly Biosciences, Inc., our personnel or others.
If you wish to correct any information provided to us, you may update your contact information directly by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also opt-out of receiving emails and other communications from us by using the unsubscribe feature contained in such emails and other communications.
We and our third-party partners use reasonable security procedures to protect the information you submit at our Website from unauthorized use or access. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Effective Date: September 13, 2017