Senior Manager / Associate Director, Technical Accounting and SEC Reporting
Location: South San Francisco, California, United States
Support and help build consistent, accurate, and timely financial results for Assembly Biosciences and ensure consistent compliance with US GAAP and Sarbanes Oxley.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Assist the Director, Controller in quarterly and annual SEC filings, including drafting financial statement footnotes, schedules and MD&A
- Manage the coordination and responsibilities of the Company’s internal controls in compliance with our SOX 404 internal control framework
- Support the Director, Controller in all aspects with assessing and addressing new accounting pronouncements and unusual transactions with appropriate treatment of technical accounting guidelines and implementation of such policy, including but not limited to stock-based compensation, leases and revenue recognition
- Support the Director, Controller with all aspects of SEC reporting requirements, as requested
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information
- Consistently aims to create and develop procedures while maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions
- Work with the Director, Controller to ensure a clean and timely year-end audit
- Manage the general ledger to ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the financial controls of the Company
- Support Director, Controller with tax compliance quarterly and annually
- Acts as a liaison between the Company and the external auditors in providing the required information and ensuring that proper information is maintained for historical purposes.
- Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Establish and promote productive working partnerships with internal stakeholders, third party service providers, and outside auditors as appropriate
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as directed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance with 10+ years of relevant experience. Candidates at the Associate Director level should have additional years of experience.
- Public Accounting experience and CPA a plus
- Accounting ERP experience. Preferably Oracle Fusion, Oracle EBS or another cloud platform
- Strong understanding of US GAAP accounting and finance including solid understanding of SOX
- Experience with Active Disclosure and Intelligize a plus
- Strong knowledge of accounting and financial reporting
- Acumen for Technical Accounting and drafting related memos
- Exceptional skills in accuracy and organization, attention to detail
- Strong written and communications skills, management proficiency, coordination, motivating others
- Consistent performance to follow projects through to resolution
- Flexibility and ability to manage multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment. Demonstrated ability to consistently work within fixed timeframes and meet deadlines. Proactive communicator with excellent verbal and written skills.
- Must be capable of building strong relationships with colleagues
- Maintain the highest standards of accuracy and precision; detail-oriented, highly-organized and resourceful
- Exceptional work ethic, team mentality, positive attitude, highly-driven, self-motivated, and excellent business partnering skills
- Passion for technology and genuine desire to make meaningful contributions on a team with big aspirations
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint required
- Previous experience in Life Sciences or Biopharma
About Assembly Bio
Assembly Biosciences (NASDAQ: ASMB) is an ambitious clinical stage biopharmaceutical company with cutting-edge therapeutics potentially capable of improving the lives of millions living with chronic hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection around the world. We are currently focused on an HBV program intent on creating a new class of oral therapeutics to finally cure hepatitis B. Our program is built on ingenuity, vision and experience and has the potential to improve cure rates for individuals with chronic hepatitis B (HBV) in our lifetime. Our strong scientific expertise in discovering small molecules targeting the HBV core protein has made us a leader in the field.
We pride ourselves on creating a culture and work environment that is scientifically driven, ambitious, and collaborative. We encourage diversity of thought that leads to great innovation and are looking to add great people to our dynamic team who are driven to transform the lives of patients. We set our sights high—and pursue our goals with determination. Our unique organization stands ready to welcome talented, motivated individuals, who share our ambitions.
Assembly Biosciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Apply for this Job
* - required fields
BACK | NEXT