Senior Director / Executive Director, DMPK
Location: South San Francisco, California, United States
Summary: We are seeking an experienced, creative, and highly motivated expert with industry research experience in DMPK focused on small molecule lead optimization for discovery research programs, preclinical and clinical drug development. This position will be responsible for leading DMPK interactions with discovery research and partnering with Biologists and Medicinal chemists to facilitate the successful achievement of lead optimization programs and the rapid and efficient progression of drug candidates in preclinical development.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Lead overall scientific, technical, and operational efforts supporting DMPK across the project portfolio
- Supervise and mentor DMPK scientists supporting multiple drug discovery and clinical programs
- Management of external CROs to support Research objectives
- Provide scientific guidance on chemical lead optimization programs and work in close collaboration with Medicinal Chemists and Biologists to optimize the DMPK properties of candidate drugs
- Provide preclinical support and evaluation of drug candidates in development programs
- Close interaction with individual research and development groups, and effective communication with Assembly R&D leadership
Preferred Qualifications include:
- PhD or equivalent degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry or related discipline, combined with 13+ years of pharmaceutical industry experience and a strong background in ADME and pharmacokinetics/pharmacodynamics as applied in small molecule lead optimization
- Demonstrated technical knowledge and industrial experience in multiple DMPK areas and an in depth understanding of the experimental DMPK methodologies and approaches, in vitro and in vivo, utilized in chemical lead optimization
- The ability to work with multiple disciplines in drug discovery and provide exceptional guidance to medicinal chemists and Biologists in the lead optimization process.
- The ability to conduct innovative research in DMPK applied to the discovery of novel drug candidates to achieve defined milestones in a fast paced environment
- Extensive knowledge of preclinical drug development and in the preparation of regulatory documents, e.g. INDs and NDAs. In addition, she/he should be a goal-oriented and effective leader. Additional requirements include effective mentoring of scientific staff and highly effective organizational and communication skills
- The candidate should be self-motivated, with a track record of productivity, demonstrated leadership potential, possess effective interpersonal skills and be team oriented.
About Assembly Bio
Assembly Biosciences (NASDAQ: ASMB) is an ambitious clinical stage biopharmaceutical company with cutting-edge therapeutics potentially capable of improving the lives of millions living with chronic hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection around the world. We are currently focused on an HBV program intent on creating a new class of oral therapeutics to finally cure hepatitis B. Our program is built on ingenuity, vision and experience and has the potential to improve cure rates for individuals with chronic hepatitis B (HBV) in our lifetime. Our strong scientific expertise in discovering small molecules targeting the HBV core protein has made us a leader in the field.
We pride ourselves on creating a culture and work environment that is scientifically driven, ambitious, and collaborative. We encourage diversity of thought that leads to great innovation and are looking to add great people to our dynamic team who are driven to transform the lives of patients. We set our sights high—and pursue our goals with determination. Our unique organization stands ready to welcome talented, motivated individuals, who share our ambitions.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity and inclusion and will not tolerate discrimination and harassment of any kind. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Information for Recruitment Agencies
Assembly Bio does not accept from recruiters/agencies any unsolicited resumes, or any candidate information including blinded resumes and will not be responsible for any fees related to resumes or candidate information that is unsolicited. Please do not contact hiring managers or Assembly Bio employees directly with any information related to a resume or a candidate. We handle all recruiting through our internal Human Resources team, and we will reach out to you directly should we wish to engage in a search. Your willingness to comply with this will significantly impact any decision we may make about doing business with you.
Apply for this Job
* - required fields
BACK | NEXT