Senior Director, DMPK
Location: South San Francisco, California, United States
Summary: We are seeking an experienced, creative, and highly motivated expert with industry research experience in DMPK focused on small molecule lead optimization for discovery research programs, preclinical and clinical drug development. This position will be responsible for leading DMPK interactions with discovery research and partnering with Biologists and Medicinal chemists to facilitate the successful achievement of lead optimization programs and the rapid and efficient progression of drug candidates in preclinical development.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Lead overall scientific, technical, and operational efforts supporting DMPK across the project portfolio
- Supervise and mentor DMPK scientists supporting multiple drug discovery and clinical programs
- Management of external CROs to support Research objectives
- Provide scientific guidance on chemical lead optimization programs and work in close collaboration with Medicinal Chemists and Biologists to optimize the DMPK properties of candidate drugs
- Provide preclinical support and evaluation of drug candidates in development programs
- Close interaction with individual research and development groups, and effective communication with Assembly R&D leadership
Preferred Qualifications include:
- PhD or equivalent degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry or related discipline, combined with 13+ years of pharmaceutical industry experience and a strong background in ADME and pharmacokinetics/pharmacodynamics as applied in small molecule lead optimization
- Demonstrated technical knowledge and industrial experience in multiple DMPK areas and an in depth understanding of the experimental DMPK methodologies and approaches, in vitro and in vivo, utilized in chemical lead optimization
- The ability to work with multiple disciplines in drug discovery and provide exceptional guidance to medicinal chemists and Biologists in the lead optimization process.
- The ability to conduct innovative research in DMPK applied to the discovery of novel drug candidates to achieve defined milestones in a fast paced environment
- Extensive knowledge of preclinical drug development and in the preparation of regulatory documents, e.g. INDs and NDAs. In addition, she/he should be a goal-oriented and effective leader. Additional requirements include effective mentoring of scientific staff and highly effective organizational and communication skills
- The candidate should be self-motivated, with a track record of productivity, demonstrated leadership potential, possess effective interpersonal skills and be team oriented.
About Assembly Bio
Assembly Biosciences (NASDAQ: ASMB) is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company with cutting-edge therapeutics potentially capable of improving millions of lives around the world. We pride ourselves on creating a culture and work environment that is scientifically driven, ambitious, and collaborative. We encourage diversity of thought that leads to great innovation and are looking to add great people to our dynamic team who are driven to transform the lives of patients. We are currently focused on the development of two intelligently designed, scientifically novel clinical platforms:
An HBV program intent on creating a new class of oral therapeutics to finally cure hepatitis B. Our program is built on ingenuity, vision and experience and has the potential to improve cure rates for individuals with chronic hepatitis B (HBV) in our lifetime. Our strong scientific expertise in discovering small molecules targeting the HBV core protein has made us a leader in the field.
A Microbiome program of potentially life-changing oral live biotherapeutics to transform the treatment of an entire range of diseases linked to the microbiome. We believe our Microbiome platform represents a best in class approach, translating naturally evolved, bacteria-host pharmacological interactions into rationally selected, live oral biotherapeutics.
Assembly Bio has a strong balance sheet and is well-positioned to advance our innovative research and potential medicines in HBV-cure and the Microbiome. Headquartered in South San Francisco, CA, Assembly Bio also operates a microbiome manufacturing facility in Groton, CT, and has offices in China.
Assembly Biosciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Apply for this Job
* - required fields
BACK | NEXT