Scientist, Clinical Virology
Location: South San Francisco, California, United States
Summary: We are seeking a creative and highly motivated scientist to join our Clinical Virology team at Assembly. This individual will contribute to the clinical development of Assembly’s novel HBV Core Inhibitors ABI-H0731, ABI-H2158, ABI-H3733 as well as future development candidates.
Key responsibilities include:
- Design, optimize, and conduct virology and biomarker assays to support clinical studies and interrogate disease biology
- Interpret experimental results and prepare presentations to communicate results and conclusions at internal team meetings
- Collaborate effectively with colleagues in Clinical Development and Research to support all stages of drug development
- Work effectively with external collaborators and CROs to accomplish department goals
- Monitor relevant scientific literature and incorporate new insights into work activities
- Contribute to the publication and external presentation of results
- PhD in the life sciences, ideally in microbiology or virology
- 0-2 years of experience in academic and/or industry positions
- Laboratory experience in infectious disease related biology, ideally virology
- Experience in biomarkers or clinical virology assay development/optimization including in vitro and cell-based assays
- Ability drive exploratory and translational research to gain novel insights into clinical disease and response to treatment.
- Experience working with external collaborators and Contract Research Organizations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively across the organization
About Assembly Bio
Assembly Biosciences (NASDAQ: ASMB) is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company with cutting-edge therapeutics potentially capable of improving millions of lives around the world. We pride ourselves on creating a culture and work environment that is scientifically driven, ambitious, and collaborative. We encourage diversity of thought that leads to great innovation and are looking to add great people to our dynamic team who are driven to transform the lives of patients. We are currently focused on the development of two intelligently designed, scientifically novel clinical platforms:
An HBV program intent on creating a new class of oral therapeutics to finally cure hepatitis B. Our program is built on ingenuity, vision and experience and has the potential to improve cure rates for individuals with chronic hepatitis B (HBV) in our lifetime. Our strong scientific expertise in discovering small molecules targeting the HBV core protein has made us a leader in the field.
A Microbiome program of potentially life-changing oral live biotherapeutics to transform the treatment of an entire range of diseases linked to the microbiome. We believe our Microbiome platform represents a best in class approach, translating naturally evolved, bacteria-host pharmacological interactions into rationally selected, live oral biotherapeutics.
Assembly Bio has a strong balance sheet and is well-positioned to advance our innovative research and potential medicines in HBV-cure and the Microbiome. Headquartered in South San Francisco, CA, Assembly Bio also operates a microbiome manufacturing facility in Groton, CT, and has offices in China.
Assembly Biosciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Apply for this Job
* - required fields
BACK | NEXT