Research Scientist I/II, Discovery Biology
Location: South San Francisco, California, United States
Summary: We are seeking a creative and highly motivated Research Scientist to join our Discovery Biology team at Assembly Bio. This individual will work closely with senior members of the Biology, Chemistry, and Drug Metabolism teams to select drug targets and to conduct and oversee biological testing of new inhibitors.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Independently design, develop, and execute complex in vitro experiments to identify and characterize small molecule antiviral inhibitors.
- Make detailed observations, analyze data, and interpret results independently.
- Participate in cross-functional drug discovery teams by presenting and discussing experimental results.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues in other functional groups (Medicinal Chemistry, DMPK, and Clinical Virology) to support all stages of drug discovery and development.
- Stay current with scientific developments by reviewing scientific literature and attending relevant scientific meetings. Integrate learnings into ongoing work activities.
- Working effectively with external collaborators and CROs to support department goals.
- Contributing to the publication and external presentation of results.
Not sure if you are qualified for this position? We know that skills and experience can show up in different ways and we welcome resumes from a broad range of applicants. You are encouraged to apply even if you do not meet each of the listed preferred qualifications.
Preferred Qualifications include:
- Typical experience for a Scientist I usually include new PhD’s as well as those with 1-2 years of relevant experience. Candidates at the Scientist II level would be expected to have additional years of relevant experience. Candidates with direct research experience in disease related biology, ideally virology, will be considered uniquely qualified for this role.
- Experience in development and optimization of in vitro and cell-based screening assays
- Experience working with external collaborators and Contract Research Organizations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively across the organization
- Ability to contribute to strategy; ability to proactively conceive and propose new Research ideas; ability to establish infrastructure to support new Research initiatives
About Assembly Bio
Assembly Biosciences (NASDAQ: ASMB) is an ambitious clinical stage biopharmaceutical company with cutting-edge therapeutics potentially capable of improving the lives of millions living with chronic hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection around the world. We are currently focused on an HBV program intent on creating a new class of oral therapeutics to finally cure hepatitis B. Our program is built on ingenuity, vision and experience and has the potential to improve cure rates for individuals with chronic hepatitis B (HBV) in our lifetime. Our strong scientific expertise in discovering small molecules targeting the HBV core protein has made us a leader in the field.
We pride ourselves on creating a culture and work environment that is scientifically driven, ambitious, and collaborative. We encourage diversity of thought that leads to great innovation and are looking to add great people to our dynamic team who are driven to transform the lives of patients. We set our sights high—and pursue our goals with determination. Our unique organization stands ready to welcome talented, motivated individuals, who share our ambitions.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity and inclusion and will not tolerate discrimination and harassment of any kind. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Information for Recruitment Agencies
Assembly Bio does not accept from recruiters/agencies any unsolicited resumes, or any candidate information including blinded resumes and will not be responsible for any fees related to resumes or candidate information that is unsolicited. Please do not contact hiring managers or Assembly Bio employees directly with any information related to a resume or a candidate. We handle all recruiting through our internal Human Resources team, and we will reach out to you directly should we wish to engage in a search. Your willingness to comply with this will significantly impact any decision we may make about doing business with you.
Apply for this Job
* - required fields
BACK | NEXT