Research Scientist I / II, Discovery Biology
Location: South San Francisco, California, United States
Summary: We are seeking a creative and highly motivated Research Scientist to join our Discovery Biology team at Assembly Bio. This individual will work closely with senior members of the Biology, Chemistry, and Drug Metabolism teams to select drug targets and to conduct and oversee biological testing of new inhibitors.
Key responsibilities include:
- Independently design, develop, and execute complex in vitro experiments to identify and characterize small molecule antiviral inhibitors.
- Make detailed observations, analyze data, and interpret results independently.
- Participate in cross-functional drug discovery teams by presenting and discussing experimental results.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues in other functional groups (Medicinal Chemistry, DMPK, and Clinical Virology) to support all stages of drug discovery and development.
- Stay current with scientific developments by reviewing scientific literature and attending relevant scientific meetings. Integrate learnings into ongoing work activities.
- Working effectively with external collaborators and CROs to support department goals.
- Contributing to the publication and external presentation of results.
Preferred Qualifications include:
- PhD or equivalent with approximately 1 to 5 years relevant industry experience
- Laboratory experience in infectious disease related biology, ideally virology
- Experience in development and optimization of in vitro and cell-based screening assays
- Experience working with external collaborators and Contract Research Organizations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively across the organization
- Ability to contribute to strategy; ability to proactively conceive and propose new Research ideas; ability to establish infrastructure to support new Research initiatives
About Assembly Bio
Assembly Biosciences (NASDAQ: ASMB) is an ambitious clinical stage biopharmaceutical company with cutting-edge therapeutics potentially capable of improving the lives of millions living with chronic hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection around the world. We are currently focused on an HBV program intent on creating a new class of oral therapeutics to finally cure hepatitis B. Our program is built on ingenuity, vision and experience and has the potential to improve cure rates for individuals with chronic hepatitis B (HBV) in our lifetime. Our strong scientific expertise in discovering small molecules targeting the HBV core protein has made us a leader in the field.
We pride ourselves on creating a culture and work environment that is scientifically driven, ambitious, and collaborative. We encourage diversity of thought that leads to great innovation and are looking to add great people to our dynamic team who are driven to transform the lives of patients. We set our sights high—and pursue our goals with determination. Our unique organization stands ready to welcome talented, motivated individuals, who share our ambitions.
Assembly Biosciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Apply for this Job
* - required fields
BACK | NEXT