Research Project and Alliance Manager
Location: South San Francisco, California, United States
Assembly Bio is seeking a Research Project and Alliance Manager to assist with operational management of ongoing internal research program operations and corporate partnerships. In this role, you will be very involved with our Research Team, which will rely on you to successfully manage workflow. A key focus being the tactical administrative support and coordination of our projects and strategic partnerships.
- Alliance management coordination that includes preparation for meetings, taking meeting minutes, collating and distributing documentation; management of all coordination and logistics of meetings
- Regular interface with Project Manager of corporate partner(s) including management of key meeting dates, deliverables and related logistics
- Support joint project team leaders in the general management of our partnerships
- Ensuring contracts (MSAs, SOWs) are executed and in place, coordination of shipments and tracking of materials related to research CRO’s
- Understand and track contractual obligations to ensure timely deliveries of materials and/or information to partners; ensure that Assembly’s research team understands those obligations and timelines for meeting deliverables
- Coordinate operational aspects of research projects; coordinate between cross-functional groups and between projects to identify process issues that could impact the overall project timeline
- Assist research team in preparation and management of GANTT charts for projects, track progress against plans
- BS or BA, preferably in the life sciences
- 5+ years of experience working in research collaborations (project and alliance management) in a biopharmaceutical company
- Solid business acumen and understand of the drug development life cycle including familiarity with budget preparation/management and integration with Finance.
- Experience in presenting and delivering messages to internal and external audiences, reviewing and consulting agreements and maintaining rapport with partners
- Scientific background that includes familiarity with drug development in a regulated environment
- Significant experience utilizing Project Software including Microsoft Project (or equivalent), SharePoint, Excel, etc. in support of functional and/or cross-functional teams
- Strong interpersonal skills including exceptional listening and relationship management skills
- Ability to understand, plan, and navigate in a matrixed environment
- Organized and detail oriented with ability to balance attention to detail and the “big picture” perspective
Assembly Biosciences (NASDAQ: ASMB) is a clinical-stage biotechnology company developing innovative therapeutics targeting hepatitis B virus (HBV) and diseases associated with the microbiome. The HBV program is focused on advancing a new class of potent, oral core inhibitors that have the potential to increase cure rates for chronically infected patients. The microbiome program is developing novel oral live microbial biotherapeutic candidates with Assembly’s fully integrated platform, including a robust process for strain identification and selection, GMP banking and production, and targeted delivery to the lower gastrointestinal tract with the GEMICEL® technology. We pride ourselves on creating a culture and work environment that is scientifically driven, ambitious, and collaborative. We encourage diversity of thought that leads to great innovation and are looking to add to our dynamic team great people who are driven to transform the lives of patients.
We believe our Microbiome platform represents a best in class approach to developing biopharmaceutical agents from live biotherapeutic products. ABI-M201, our lead program in mildly to moderately active ulcerative colitis (UC), is currently in a phase 1b clinical trial. This program is part of a broader collaboration we established with Allergan in 2017 for gastrointestinal programs such as UC, Crohn’s disease and Irritable Bowel Syndromes with potential total development and commercial milestones of up to $2.8 billion. Our internal pipeline comprises first in class or best in class live microbial biotherapeutic approaches in areas such as oncology, immune mediated and metabolic disorders, and other areas of high medical need.
Assembly is headquartered in Carmel, Indiana, while the R&D headquarters is in South San Francisco. The Company also has a microbiome manufacturing facility in Groton, CT, and offices in China. Assembly has a strong balance sheet having raised approximately $166 million in July 2018. We are positioned well to build the next phase of the Company toward global development and commercialization of our innovative medicines in HBV-cure and the Microbiome.
Assembly Biosciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Apply for this Job
* - required fields
BACK | NEXT