Research Associate / Sr. Research Associate Microbiology (Microbiome)
Location: South San Francisco, California, United States
We are seeking a Research Associate / Sr. Research Associate with experience in microbiology and demonstrated ability to perform research in a corporate environment. Working as a key member of the research microbiology group, you will help discover new live biotherapeutic products (LBPs) for a variety of disease indications. The ideal candidate will have expertise in microbiology and molecular biology, be comfortable multitasking in a fast-paced environment, and be a great team player.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Apply microbiology techniques for culturing and characterization of anaerobic and aerobic bacteria.
- Apply molecular biology techniques including NGS preparation and PCR/qPCR.
- Assist in the implementation of new assays to enhance the discovery capabilities of the microbiome platform
- Prepare fermentation media and other solutions
- Assist in small-scale fermentation
- Keep precise experimental records and enter data into databases
- Coordinate sample analysis among different experiments
- Assist in laboratory supplies and equipment ordering
- Present experimental designs, results and interpretations in visual, oral, and written forms to internal stakeholders
- Collaborate with cell biologists, immunologists, computational and bioinformatics scientists to design and interpret experiments
Preferred Qualifications include:
- BA/BS in microbiology or related biological science with 2+ years of experience in biotech/pharmaceutical research. Candidates at the senior level should have 5+ years of direct experience
- Extensive experience working with microbial cultures and excellent aseptic technique
- Experience with anaerobic microbes and anaerobic chamber is preferred
- Experience with microscopy and flow cytometry is preferred
- Ability to independently perform, troubleshoot and interpret experiments
- Ability to prioritize and deliver results with a strong emphasis on quality, detail, documentation, technical rigor, and timely delivery
- Highly motivated, proactive, and able to work well in a fast-paced team environment
About Assembly Bio
Assembly Biosciences (NASDAQ: ASMB) is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company with cutting-edge therapeutics potentially capable of improving millions of lives around the world. We pride ourselves on creating a culture and work environment that is scientifically driven, ambitious, and collaborative. We encourage diversity of thought that leads to great innovation and are looking to add great people to our dynamic team who are driven to transform the lives of patients. We are currently focused on the development of two intelligently designed, scientifically novel clinical platforms:
An HBV program intent on creating a new class of oral therapeutics to finally cure hepatitis B. Our program is built on ingenuity, vision and experience and has the potential to improve cure rates for individuals with chronic hepatitis B (HBV) in our lifetime. Our strong scientific expertise in discovering small molecules targeting the HBV core protein has made us a leader in the field.
A Microbiome program of potentially life-changing oral live biotherapeutics to transform the treatment of an entire range of diseases linked to the microbiome. We believe our Microbiome platform represents a best in class approach, translating naturally evolved, bacteria-host pharmacological interactions into rationally selected, live oral biotherapeutics.
Assembly Bio has a strong balance sheet and is well-positioned to advance our innovative research and potential medicines in HBV-cure and the Microbiome. Headquartered in South San Francisco, CA, Assembly Bio also operates a microbiome manufacturing facility in Groton, CT, and has offices in China.
Assembly Biosciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Apply for this Job
* - required fields
BACK | NEXT