Research Associate II / Sr. RA, Virology
Location: South San Francisco, California, United States
The Research Associate II / Senior Research Associate will be a member of the Assembly Biosciences biology team at our South San Francisco campus, and will support our pre-clinical drug discovery programs in a multi-disciplinary fast-paced team environment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Executing virology and cell-based assays to evaluate therapeutic agents
- Supporting the development of methods in anti-viral research
- Troubleshooting challenging methodologies with minimal supervision
- Providing cross-functional support to other projects as needed
- Performing routine laboratory maintenance operations
- Efficiently communicating scientific data within the team
Preferred Qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree with 2+ years of relevant industry experience. Candidates at the Senior level should have significant years of additional experience. A master’s degree and/or direct experience in virology research will be considered in lieu of actual years of experience
- Independent, motivated, and proactive individuals with desire to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Able to provide input to experimental designs
- Proficiency in developing and optimizing in vitro and/or cell-based assays
- Hands on experience in mammalian cell culture and virology techniques
- Knowledge of state-of-the-art molecular biology techniques and approaches including molecular cloning, ELISA, cell-based reporter assays, protein expression and purification, DNA/RNA extraction, PCR and (RT)-qPCR
- Experience working in BSL2 environment a plus
- Demonstrated strong time and task management skills
- Ability to present basic concepts and detailed scientific data to diverse teams and management
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, DNA sequence analysis software, and GraphPad Prism
About Assembly Bio
Assembly Biosciences (NASDAQ: ASMB) is an ambitious clinical stage biopharmaceutical company with cutting-edge therapeutics potentially capable of improving the lives of millions living with chronic hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection around the world. We are currently focused on an HBV program intent on creating a new class of oral therapeutics to finally cure hepatitis B. Our program is built on ingenuity, vision and experience and has the potential to improve cure rates for individuals with chronic hepatitis B (HBV) in our lifetime. Our strong scientific expertise in discovering small molecules targeting the HBV core protein has made us a leader in the field.
We pride ourselves on creating a culture and work environment that is scientifically driven, ambitious, and collaborative. We encourage diversity of thought that leads to great innovation and are looking to add great people to our dynamic team who are driven to transform the lives of patients. We set our sights high—and pursue our goals with determination. Our unique organization stands ready to welcome talented, motivated individuals, who share our ambitions.
Assembly Biosciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Apply for this Job
* - required fields
BACK | NEXT