Research Associate I / II, Virology
Location: South San Francisco, California, United States
The Research Associate I / II, Virology will work as a member of the Assembly Biosciences Biology Team in South San Francisco. This team member will support our HBV pre-clinical drug discovery programs in a multi-disciplinary fast-paced team environment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Supporting the development of methods in anti-viral research
- Managing the clinical samples from different studies
- Troubleshooting challenging methodologies
- Interpreting various experimental outcomes
- Efficiently communicating scientific data within the company
- BA/BS in life sciences with some experience in biotech/pharmaceutical research. Candidates at the RA II level should have several years of direct experience; MS preferred
- Laboratory research experience within the biopharmaceutical industry with clinical sample handling experience
- Independent, motivated, and proactive individuals with desire to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Proficiency in optimizing in vitro and/or cell-based assays
- Extensive experience in mammalian cell culture
- Knowledge of state-of-the-art molecular biology techniques and approaches including molecular cloning, ELISA assays, cell-based reporter assays, protein expression and purification, and (RT)qPCR
- Extensive expertise in ensuring safe laboratory practices and BSL standards
- Demonstrated ability to quickly develop new technical skills
- Ability to present basic concepts and detailed scientific data to diverse teams and management
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, molecular cloning programs, and GraphPad Prism software
About Assembly Bio
Assembly Biosciences (NASDAQ: ASMB) is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company with cutting-edge therapeutics potentially capable of improving millions of lives around the world. We pride ourselves on creating a culture and work environment that is scientifically driven, ambitious, and collaborative. We encourage diversity of thought that leads to great innovation and are looking to add great people to our dynamic team who are driven to transform the lives of patients. We are currently focused on the development of two intelligently designed, scientifically novel clinical platforms:
An HBV program intent on creating a new class of oral therapeutics to finally cure hepatitis B. Our program is built on ingenuity, vision and experience and has the potential to improve cure rates for individuals with chronic hepatitis B (HBV) in our lifetime. Our strong scientific expertise in discovering small molecules targeting the HBV core protein has made us a leader in the field.
A Microbiome program of potentially life-changing oral live biotherapeutics to transform the treatment of an entire range of diseases linked to the microbiome. We believe our Microbiome platform represents a best in class approach, translating naturally evolved, bacteria-host pharmacological interactions into rationally selected, live oral biotherapeutics.
Assembly Bio has a strong balance sheet and is well-positioned to advance our innovative research and potential medicines in HBV-cure and the Microbiome. Headquartered in South San Francisco, CA, Assembly Bio also operates a microbiome manufacturing facility in Groton, CT, and has offices in China.
Assembly Biosciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Apply for this Job
* - required fields
BACK | NEXT