Manager / Sr. Manager IT Business Applications
Location: South San Francisco, California, United States
We are searching for a Manager / Sr. Manager IT Business Applications to improve our Oracle Cloud Financials and to help integrate and improve our current and future suite of cloud applications. We are seeking a candidate with a strong understanding of finance business process acumen and systems (ERP) experience, as well as strong leadership skills, to partner with the key stakeholders to drive projects forward.
Assembly Bio is at an exciting crossroads. Our systems are growing and becoming more complex. This role will be at the forefront of Cloud applications management, Financial systems integrations and automation of process. Together we can build systems which are up to date, automated and accelerate the business to new levels of efficiency. Join us!
- Work closely with the Finance team to manage and enhance our Oracle Financials experience
- Implement new capabilities to assist in improvement of process
- Manage changes to systems in a SOX environment
- Map out our application portfolio, identify holes and research/recommend solutions
- Work closely with IT to educate and train users when initiatives are introduced
- Foresee the future direction of the business and recommend technology solutions that will enable our success
- Embrace the Cloud model, develop systems which are light, secure and integrated
- Guide the use of technology tools to meet business needs through software solution design and/or application integration
Preferred Qualifications include:
- 5+ years of IT systems experience with significant experience in finance systems. This position will be an individual contributor with the ability to influence, direct and manage cross-functional partners
- Experience working in a finance environment. Knowledge of accounting needs, chart of accounts, business workflows and processes
- Experience with Oracle Financials, Cloud preferred
- SQL scripting language experience
- Reporting skills that include the ability to develop reports for the organization that provide value and are accessible
- Motivated self-starter who can work independently with minimal supervision in a fast-paced and multidisciplinary environment; ability to understand, plan, and navigate in a matrixed environment
- Willing to embrace change and work in a changing environment
- Strong interpersonal skills including exceptional listening and relationship management skills
- Organized and detail-oriented with the ability to balance attention to detail and the “big picture”
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to independently perform, troubleshoot and optimize IT-related challenges
About Assembly Bio
Assembly Biosciences (NASDAQ: ASMB) is a clinical-stage biotechnology company developing innovative therapeutics targeting hepatitis B virus (HBV) and diseases associated with the microbiome. The HBV program is focused on advancing a new class of potent, oral core inhibitors that have the potential to increase cure rates for chronically infected patients. The microbiome program is developing novel oral live microbial biotherapeutic candidates with Assembly’s fully integrated platform, including a robust process for strain identification and selection, GMP banking and production, and targeted delivery to the lower gastrointestinal tract with the GEMICEL® technology. We pride ourselves on creating a culture and work environment that is scientifically driven, ambitious, and collaborative. We encourage diversity of thought that leads to great innovation and are looking to add to our dynamic team great people who are driven to transform the lives of patients.
We believe our Microbiome platform represents a best in class approach to developing biopharmaceutical agents from live biotherapeutic products. ABI-M201, our lead program in mildly to moderately active ulcerative colitis (UC), is currently in a phase 1b clinical trial. This program is part of a broader collaboration we established with Allergan in 2017 for gastrointestinal programs such as UC, Crohn’s disease and Irritable Bowel Syndromes. Our internal pipeline comprises first in class or best in class live microbial biotherapeutic approaches in areas such as oncology, immune mediated and metabolic disorders, and other areas of high medical need.
Assembly is headquartered in Carmel, Indiana, while the R&D headquarters is in South San Francisco. The Company also has a microbiome manufacturing facility in Groton, CT, and offices in China. Assembly has a strong balance sheet having raised approximately $166 million in July 2018. We are positioned well to build the next phase of the Company toward global development and commercialization of our innovative medicines in HBV-cure and the Microbiome.
Assembly Biosciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Apply for this Job
* - required fields
BACK | NEXT