Manager / Senior Manager, IT Systems
Location: South San Francisco, California, United States
We are searching for a Manager / Senior Manager, IT Systems to manage our infrastructure and train and educate our end user community. We are seeking a candidate with a strong understanding of cloud system administration in a Pharma/SOX/validated environment. We are looking for a ‘people’ person who enjoys helping and working with others.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Map out our application portfolio, identify holes and research/recommend solutions
- Work closely with organization to educate and train users when initiatives are introduced
- Analyze current security portfolio and recommend improvements, document procedures and processes
- Assist in Veeva administration and ongoing validation
- Work closely with the Finance team to manage and enhance our Oracle Financials experience
- Manage changes to systems in a SOX environment
- Experience writing SOP’s, policies and working within validated environments
- Represent IT at many levels, from user support to project management
- Maintain IT infrastructure support to resolve technical issues and ensure quality, security, and compliance
- Own the onboarding and offboarding process. Able to setup systems, access, new account creation and new hire orientation
- Manage the ticket queue ensuring requests are addressed in a timely fashion
- Guide the use of technology tools to meet business needs through software solution design and/or application integration
- Embrace the Cloud model, administer systems which are light, secure and integrated
Not sure if you are qualified for this position? We know that skills and experience can show up in different ways and we welcome resumes from a broad range of applicants. You are encouraged to apply even if you do not meet each of the listed preferred qualifications.
Preferred Qualification include:
- Typical experience for a manager includes a Bachelor’s degree with 8+ years of directly relevant experience. Candidates at the Senior level would be expected to have additional years of experience. Those with professional experience in a biopharmaceutical startup environment that includes Cloud, Security and Office 365 will be considered uniquely qualified for this role. Accredited certifications in the IS/IT field would be ideal. Overall experience should include providing IT infrastructure and end-user service/support
- Experience with Oracle Cloud Financials, Okta, Veeva, MS Office 365, AWS administration
- Experience managing cloud-based systems, virtual servers, workstations, phone systems, printers and other devices
- Excellent knowledge of IT tools and techniques. Skilled with various computer types and operating systems including Office 365, Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange and Okta. Ability to effectively troubleshoot and resolve technical issues onsite and remotely
- Excellent people, analytical, and written/verbal communication skills. Strong motivation, independence, and ability to work in a high-paced multidisciplinary environment with minimal supervision
- Continual learning curve, always looking for the “next big thing”
- This is an individual contributor position based at our South San Francisco, CA location and you should expect to be onsite 2-3 days per week once it is safe to return to the office. This position is not open to a remote hire, and relocation assistance is not available.
COVID-19 Vaccination: As a condition of employment, you will be required to show proof that you are fully vaccinated by your first day of employment. You are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after your second dose in a 2-dose series, (Pfizer or Moderna vaccines), or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine, (Johnson & Johnson’s/Janssen vaccine). If you are unable to be vaccinated for a medical or disability-related reason, or a deeply held religious belief, Human Resources will discuss potential exemptions and accommodations with you.
About Assembly Bio
Assembly Biosciences (NASDAQ: ASMB) is an ambitious clinical stage biopharmaceutical company with cutting-edge therapeutics potentially capable of improving the lives of millions living with chronic hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection around the world. We are currently focused on an HBV program intent on creating a new class of oral therapeutics to finally cure hepatitis B. Our program is built on ingenuity, vision and experience and has the potential to improve cure rates for individuals with chronic hepatitis B (HBV) in our lifetime. Our strong scientific expertise in discovering small molecules targeting the HBV core protein has made us a leader in the field.
We pride ourselves on creating a culture and work environment that is scientifically driven, ambitious, and collaborative. We encourage diversity of thought that leads to great innovation and are looking to add great people to our dynamic team who are driven to transform the lives of patients. We set our sights high—and pursue our goals with determination. Our unique organization stands ready to welcome talented, motivated individuals, who share our ambitions.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity and inclusion and will not tolerate discrimination and harassment of any kind. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Information for Recruitment Agencies
Assembly Bio does not accept from recruiters/agencies any unsolicited resumes, or any candidate information including blinded resumes and will not be responsible for any fees related to resumes or candidate information that is unsolicited. Please do not contact hiring managers or Assembly Bio employees directly with any information related to a resume or a candidate. We handle all recruiting through our internal Human Resources team, and we will reach out to you directly should we wish to engage in a search. Your willingness to comply with this will significantly impact any decision we may make about doing business with you.
Apply for this Job
* - required fields
BACK | NEXT