IT Systems Engineer
Location: South San Francisco, California, United States
We are searching for an IT Systems Engineer to establish and maintain our infrastructure and user services. We are looking for a ‘people’ person who enjoys helping and working with others. This position is based at our South San Francisco, CA location and you should expect to be onsite 3 days per week once it is safe to return to the office. This position is not open to a remote hire, and relocation assistance is not available.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Set up and support computers, devices and computer-related hardware
- Provide and maintain first level IT support and account administration for the user community on devices, network performance and software applications.
- Maintain IT infrastructure support to resolve technical issues and ensure quality, security and compliance
- Own the onboarding process for new employees; setup systems, access, new account creation and new hire orientation
- Maintain training programs in support of business needs. Prepare and maintain up to date documents such as training notes, quick reference guides, etc. Ensure that necessary documentation and process is in place for IT security and efficiency.
- Identify, diagnose and resolve problems with company standard software and end user technical issues
- Ensure PCs are kept up to date with patches and updates for all company software
- Manage the ticket queue ensuring requests are addressed in a timely fashion
- Guide the use of technology tools to meet business needs through software solution design and/or application integration
Not sure if you are qualified for this position? We know that skills and experience can show up in different ways and we welcome resumes from a broad range of applicants. You are encouraged to apply even if you do not meet each of the listed preferred qualifications.
Preferred Qualifications include:
- Typical experience usually includes a Bachelor’s degree with 3+ years of IT systems experience with a focus on Pharma, Cloud, Security and Office 365. This position will be an individual contributor with the ability to interact and influence cross-functional partners
- Experience with Active Directory, Oracle Cloud Financials, Okta, Veeva, MS Office 365, AWS administration
- SQL scripting language experience
- Security certifications or equivalent experience
- Motivated self-starter who can work independently with minimal supervision in a fast-paced and multidisciplinary environment; ability to understand, plan, and navigate in a matrixed environment
- Strong interpersonal skills including exceptional listening and relationship management skills
- Organized and detail-oriented with the ability to balance attention to detail and the “big picture”
- Continual learning curve, always looking for the “next big thing”
COVID-19 Vaccination: As a condition of employment, you will be required to show proof that you are fully vaccinated by your first day of employment. You are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after your second dose in a 2-dose series, (Pfizer or Moderna vaccines), or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine, (Johnson & Johnson’s/Janssen vaccine). If you are unable to be vaccinated for a medical or disability-related reason, or a deeply held religious belief, Human Resources will discuss potential exemptions and accommodations with you.
About Assembly Bio
Assembly Biosciences (NASDAQ: ASMB) is an ambitious clinical stage biopharmaceutical company with cutting-edge therapeutics potentially capable of improving the lives of millions living with chronic hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection around the world. We are currently focused on an HBV program intent on creating a new class of oral therapeutics to finally cure hepatitis B. Our program is built on ingenuity, vision and experience and has the potential to improve cure rates for individuals with chronic hepatitis B (HBV) in our lifetime. Our strong scientific expertise in discovering small molecules targeting the HBV core protein has made us a leader in the field.
We pride ourselves on creating a culture and work environment that is scientifically driven, ambitious, and collaborative. We encourage diversity of thought that leads to great innovation and are looking to add great people to our dynamic team who are driven to transform the lives of patients. We set our sights high—and pursue our goals with determination. Our unique organization stands ready to welcome talented, motivated individuals, who share our ambitions.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity and inclusion and will not tolerate discrimination and harassment of any kind. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Information for Recruitment Agencies
Assembly Bio does not accept from recruiters/agencies any unsolicited resumes, or any candidate information including blinded resumes and will not be responsible for any fees related to resumes or candidate information that is unsolicited. Please do not contact hiring managers or Assembly Bio employees directly with any information related to a resume or a candidate. We handle all recruiting through our internal Human Resources team, and we will reach out to you directly should we wish to engage in a search. Your willingness to comply with this will significantly impact any decision we may make about doing business with you.
Apply for this Job
* - required fields
BACK | NEXT