Location: South San Francisco, California, United States
Directly supporting the Chief Medical Officer, the Chief Scientific Officer, and their respective organizations, this Executive Assistant will be responsible for coordinating and working across several different functions and requires a highly collaborative, accountable, and resourceful professional who can quickly establish themselves as a trusted member of the team. To be successful in this role, you must approach your work with a proactive mindset, anticipating the needs of the people you support and be able to work independently with senior leaders, managing their competing priorities against tight deadlines in a fast paced, high-energy environment.
The Executive Assistant position encompasses both in-depth and routine confidential administrative functions, including daily support in office administration, calendar management, meeting logistics, travel arrangements, event planning, special projects.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Provide executive administrative support for the Chief Medical Officer, the Chief Scientific Officer and their growing teams
- Proactively manage and maintain Scheduling of internal and external meetings across global time zones and identify, communicate, and resolve calendar conflicts, and ensure that all calendars are accurate and current. Additional administrative support may include interview scheduling
- Coordinate all travel arrangements in conjunction with the travel services Plan, prepare and communicate travel agendas in a timely manner, and in a way that highlights key information. Ensure coordination with all travel participants and assistants
- Represent your R&D Team and act as a host for candidates during their interviews and by greeting and escorting external visitors.
- Manage office administration for your R&D Team that includes distributing mail, handling phone calls, and responding to external inquiries and information requests.
- Manage the accurate and timely reporting and processing of expenses and related invoices
- Review outgoing work to ensure completeness, accuracy, and professionalism
- Provide event planning and catering arrangements for your client group
- Partner with other EA’s as it relates to calendars, materials and overall planning for meetings such as onsite Board and Committee meetings, offsite industry events and conferences, and annual events such as the company holiday party
Preferred Qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience combined with 5+ years in an administrative/office management function, within the life science, biotech or medical device field. Overall experience should demonstrate success and proficiency with the key responsibilities outlined above
- Demonstrate the highest degree of confidentiality and integrity and a strong sense of professional integrity, maturity, and judgment
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to multitask in what is still a fast-paced, startup environment
- Composing correspondence with excellent attention to detail, including proofreading skills; be an expert with Microsoft Office
- The ability to move quickly from task to task with high attention to detail and to proactively stay several steps ahead to anticipate the needs of the organization
- A self-starter, able to exhibit professionalism and problem-solve with minimal oversight
- Team player who can use exceptional interpersonal skills to manage competing priorities, maintain an optimistic outlook, and deliver key updates on the fly in a succinct and impactful way
- High energy, engaging level of enthusiasm and sense of humor to contribute to the positive company culture
About Assembly Bio
Assembly Biosciences (NASDAQ: ASMB) is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company with cutting-edge therapeutics potentially capable of improving millions of lives around the world. We pride ourselves on creating a culture and work environment that is scientifically driven, ambitious, and collaborative. We encourage diversity of thought that leads to great innovation and are looking to add great people to our dynamic team who are driven to transform the lives of patients. We are currently focused on the development of two intelligently designed, scientifically novel clinical platforms:
An HBV program intent on creating a new class of oral therapeutics to finally cure hepatitis B. Our program is built on ingenuity, vision and experience and has the potential to improve cure rates for individuals with chronic hepatitis B (HBV) in our lifetime. Our strong scientific expertise in discovering small molecules targeting the HBV core protein has made us a leader in the field.
A Microbiome program of potentially life-changing oral live biotherapeutics to transform the treatment of an entire range of diseases linked to the microbiome. We believe our Microbiome platform represents a best in class approach, translating naturally evolved, bacteria-host pharmacological interactions into rationally selected, live oral biotherapeutics.
Assembly Bio has a strong balance sheet and is well-positioned to advance our innovative research and potential medicines in HBV-cure and the Microbiome. Headquartered in South San Francisco, CA, Assembly Bio also operates a microbiome manufacturing facility in Groton, CT, and has offices in China.
Assembly Biosciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Apply for this Job
* - required fields
BACK | NEXT