Executive Assistant (CMO, Virology, Clinical Operations)
Location: South San Francisco, California, United States
The Executive Assistant position encompasses both in-depth and routine confidential administrative functions, including daily support in office administration, calendar management, meeting logistics, travel arrangements, event planning, special projects, conducting basic research and preparing reports and presentations. This EA will be responsible for coordinating and working across several different functions and requires a highly collaborative, accountable and resourceful professional who can quickly establish themselves as a trusted member of the team. To be successful in this role, you must be able to work independently with senior leaders, managing their competing priorities against tight deadlines in a fast paced, high-energy environment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Proactively manage and maintain Identify, communicate and resolve calendar conflicts, and ensure that all calendars are accurate and current
- Monitor calendar activity throughout the day, reschedule activities when conflicts arise, provide reminders of upcoming calendar events, and ensure appropriate time is built into overall calendar management that allows for last minute changes, competing priorities and time to complete work activities
- Coordinate all travel arrangements in conjunction with the travel services Plan, prepare and communicate travel agendas in a timely manner, and in a way that highlights key information. Ensure coordination with all travel participants and assistants
- Represent your client group and act as a host for candidates during their interviews and by greeting and escorting external visitors
- Manage office administration for your client group that includes distributing mail, handling phone calls and responding to external inquiries and information requests. Provide limited administrative support to direct reports within your client group, which may include interview scheduling
- Manage the accurate and timely reporting and processing of expenses and related invoices
- Prepare PowerPoint and other presentations and correspondence
- Review outgoing work to ensure completeness, accuracy and professionalism
- Provide event planning and catering arrangements for your client group
- Partner with other EA’s as it relates to calendars, materials and overall planning for meetings such as onsite Board and Committee meetings, offsite industry events and conferences, and annual events such as the company holiday party
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience combined with 5+ years in an administrative/office management function, within the life science, biotech or medical device field. Overall experience should demonstrate success and proficiency with the key responsibilities outlined above
- Demonstrate the highest degree of confidentiality and integrity and a strong sense of professional integrity, maturity and judgment
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to multitask in what is still a fast-paced, startup environment
- Composing correspondence with excellent attention to detail, including proofreading skills; be an expert with Microsoft Office
- The ability to move quickly from task to task with high attention to detail and to stay several steps ahead to anticipate the needs of the organization
- A self-starter, able to exhibit professionalism and problem-solve with minimal oversight
- Team player who can use their exceptional interpersonal skills to manage competing priorities, maintain an optimistic outlook, deliver key updates on the fly in a succinct and impactful way
- High energy, engaging level of enthusiasm and sense of humor to contribute to the positive company culture
About Assembly Bio
Assembly Biosciences (NASDAQ: ASMB) is a clinical-stage biotechnology company developing innovative therapeutics targeting hepatitis B virus (HBV) and diseases associated with the microbiome. The HBV program is focused on advancing a new class of potent, oral core inhibitors that have the potential to increase cure rates for chronically infected patients. The microbiome program is developing novel oral live microbial biotherapeutic candidates with Assembly Bio’s fully integrated platform, including a robust process for strain identification and selection, GMP banking and production, and targeted delivery to the lower gastrointestinal tract with the GEMICEL® technology.
We believe our Microbiome platform represents a best in class approach to developing biopharmaceutical agents from live biotherapeutic products. ABI-M201, our lead program in mildly to moderately active ulcerative colitis (UC), is currently in a phase 1b clinical trial. This program is part of a broader collaboration we established with Allergan in 2017 for gastrointestinal programs such as UC, Crohn’s disease and Irritable Bowel Syndromes. Our internal pipeline comprises first in class or best in class live microbial biotherapeutic approaches in areas such as oncology, immune mediated and metabolic disorders, and other areas of high medical need.
We pride ourselves on creating a culture and work environment that is scientifically driven, ambitious, and collaborative. We encourage diversity of thought that leads to great innovation and are looking to add to our dynamic team of great people who are driven to transform the lives of patients.
Assembly Bio is headquartered in Carmel, Indiana, while the R&D headquarters is in South San Francisco. The Company also has a microbiome manufacturing facility in Groton, CT, and offices in China. Assembly Bio has a strong balance sheet having raised approximately $166 million in July 2018. We are positioned well to build the next phase of the Company toward global development and commercialization of our innovative medicines in HBV-cure and the Microbiome.
Assembly Biosciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Apply for this Job
* - required fields
BACK | NEXT