Executive Assistant (CMO, Virology, Clinical Operations)
Location: South San Francisco, California, United States
The Executive Assistant will directly support the Chief Medical Officer, Sr. Director of Clinical Operations, Clinical Operations team, Vice President of Virology and four Senior Directors based in San Francisco. This position is responsible for managing all calendaring, travel logistics and internal communication efforts for team members. As part of the administrative team, other responsibilities include: collaborating with the administrative staff on company event planning, invoice reconciliation, expense report management. The successful candidate will have a proven record of high achievement, professionalism, reliability, and excellent organizational skills.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide administrative support for the Chief Medical Officer, Senior Director of Clinical Operations and Clinical Operations team, Virology team (VP and four Senior Directors)
- Communication/Customer Service: Receptionist – Primary for phone and escorting visitors
- Assist with coordination of San Francisco American Express reconciliation and expense reports
- Manage San Francisco office conference room schedules
- Organize and maintain office common areas (copy centers, beverage/snack setup)
- Serve as primary point person/contact for all SF personnel for ordering office supplies, routing mail, sending faxes, creating/delivering shipments, office equipment repairs
- Serve as primary contact for large group/departmental meetings requiring catering
- Serve as primary contact for security key card access, loaners and access termination
- Primary clerical/admin support for extended office to include, but not limited to – document support, travel, complex meetings, all general office inquires
- Assist with special projects, as directed
- BA preferred, or combination of education and experience
- Minimum of five, preferably seven to ten years of experience supporting executive and management level personnel
- Motivated self-starter who can work independently with minimal supervision in a fast-paced and multidisciplinary environment
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs, specifically Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Extremely well organized and proactive
- Ability to function well in a matrixed, highly virtual environment
- Ability to think independently and fully integrate into a high achieving team environment
- Results driven with strong attention to detail
- Experience in Oracle as a user of ERP/Purchasing, and familiarity with SOX Compliance procedures is a plus
- Excellent professional and interpersonal skills with cooperative can-do attitude
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
About Assembly Bio
Assembly Biosciences (NASDAQ: ASMB) is a clinical-stage biotechnology company developing innovative therapeutics targeting hepatitis B virus (HBV) and diseases associated with the microbiome. The HBV program is focused on advancing a new class of potent, oral core inhibitors that have the potential to increase cure rates for chronically infected patients. The microbiome program is developing novel oral live microbial biotherapeutic candidates with Assembly’s fully integrated platform, including a robust process for strain identification and selection, GMP banking and production, and targeted delivery to the lower gastrointestinal tract with the GEMICEL® technology.
We believe our Microbiome platform represents a best in class approach to developing biopharmaceutical agents from live biotherapeutic products. ABI-M201, our lead program in mildly to moderately active ulcerative colitis (UC), is currently in a phase 1b clinical trial. This program is part of a broader collaboration we established with Allergan in 2017 for gastrointestinal programs such as UC, Crohn’s disease and Irritable Bowel Syndromes with potential total development and commercial milestones of up to $2.8 billion. Our internal pipeline comprises first in class or best in class live microbial biotherapeutic approaches in areas such as oncology, immune mediated and metabolic disorders, and other areas of high medical need.
Assembly is headquartered in Carmel, Indiana, while the R&D headquarters is in South San Francisco. The Company also has a microbiome manufacturing facility in Groton, CT, and offices in China. Assembly has a strong balance sheet having raised approximately $166 million in July 2018. We are positioned well to build the next phase of the Company toward global development and commercialization of our innovative medicines in HBV-cure and the Microbiome. We pride ourselves on creating a culture and work environment that is scientifically driven, ambitious, and collaborative. We encourage diversity of thought that leads to great innovation and are looking to add to our dynamic team great people who are driven to transform the lives of patients.
Assembly Biosciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Apply for this Job
* - required fields
BACK | NEXT