Director, Structural Chemistry
Location: South San Francisco, California, United States
We are seeking a creative and energetic individual with leadership abilities to direct our computational drug discovery research efforts. The individual will contribute to the growth of a high caliber drug discovery organization by providing expert guidance to the multi-discipline research team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Work with multiple disciplines within the drug discovery department to provide exceptional guidance in the hit identification and lead optimization processes.
- Work closely with our medicinal chemistry group, carrying out structure- and computational-design of new drugs directed against challenging antiviral targets.
- Contribute to solving issues related to drug ADME/DMPK properties using relevant computational and structural tools.
- Contribute to departmental strategy and proactively conceive and propose new research ideas.
- Work with the broader discovery team to evaluate new targets and to develop a structural and/or computational strategy for finding hits and leads as well as optimizing SAR.
- Provide regular program updates and communicate important findings to the research organization.
Preferred Qualifications include:
- Ph.D. in computational chemistry, physical organic chemistry, structural biology, or related field.
- 10+ years industry experience, participating in or leading drug discovery team with a track record of productivity and success.
- Experience using relevant computational tools such as Knime, Pipeline Pilot, CCG Moe, Schrodinger based products and carrying out structure- and ligand-based design, molecular dynamics, quantum mechanics and advanced data analysis.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills including the ability to communicate scientific information clearly and effectively.
About Assembly Bio
Assembly Biosciences (NASDAQ: ASMB) is an ambitious clinical stage biopharmaceutical company with cutting-edge therapeutics potentially capable of improving the lives of millions living with chronic hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection around the world. We are currently focused on an HBV program intent on creating a new class of oral therapeutics to finally cure hepatitis B. Our program is built on ingenuity, vision and experience and has the potential to improve cure rates for individuals with chronic hepatitis B (HBV) in our lifetime. Our strong scientific expertise in discovering small molecules targeting the HBV core protein has made us a leader in the field.
We pride ourselves on creating a culture and work environment that is scientifically driven, ambitious, and collaborative. We encourage diversity of thought that leads to great innovation and are looking to add great people to our dynamic team who are driven to transform the lives of patients. We set our sights high—and pursue our goals with determination. Our unique organization stands ready to welcome talented, motivated individuals, who share our ambitions.
Assembly Biosciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Apply for this Job
* - required fields
BACK | NEXT