Director / Senior Director, Commercial Planning and Business Analytics
Location: South San Francisco, California, United States
The Director / Senior Director of Commercial Planning and Business Analytics will be responsible to help define the commercial strategy and execute on global market research, forecasting, and analytical work in support of financial planning, commercial strategy and corporate development initiatives
Key Responsibilities include:
- Serving as a Commercial representative on cross-functional Project Teams and providing Commercial input to development plans and potential corporate development transactions
- Market Research & Analytics:
- Defining and conducting primary and secondary market research and analyzing industry standard, third-party data.
- Identifying and articulating key business drivers for the company’s pipeline products, including unmet medical need, product profiles, target assessment, market share estimates, positioning analyses, etc.
- Competitive Intelligence:
- Analyzing, monitoring, and maintaining profiles of commercial- and pipeline-stage competitors developing products in the same therapeutic landscape.
- Applying insights to inform on competitive strategy and advise management in key decisions.
- Health Economics and Outcomes & Payer Research:
- Conducting HEOR as needed to inform development plans supportive of future pricing & reimbursement.
- Overseeing cost effectiveness and budget impact models, as appropriate.
- Generating revenue and commercial expense forecasts in support of financial planning, commercial strategy, and pro forma models used in valuation work and analysis of potential corporate development transactions.
- Synthesizing relevant information and insights to inform on forecasting, development plans, and strategy, and providing impactful, data-driven presentations to the organization.
- Establishing and maintaining functional budget and relevant relationships to third party service and data providers for effective delivery while ensuring resource effective procurement.
Preferred Qualifications include:
- Candidates at the Director level should have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree with 15+ years of experience in a biotechnology or pharmaceutical company, healthcare-focused consulting firm or investment bank; preference given to candidates with experience in viral hepatitis or microbiome. Senior Director level candidates should have 18+ years of relevant experience. Advanced degrees will be considered in lieu of years of experience.
- Knowledge of data sources and vendors for primary and secondary data, experience building complex and dynamic forecasts, and knowledge of techniques of qualitative and quantitative market research
- Familiar with the principles and processes of FP&A, commercial planning and corporate development
- Ability to identify key business issues, analyze alternatives and recommend practical solutions
- Proven ability to work with multidisciplinary teams and communicate effectively with executives
- Skilled at managing external vendors and consultants, as well being an effective hands-on individual contributor
About Assembly Bio
Assembly Biosciences (NASDAQ: ASMB) is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company with cutting-edge therapeutics potentially capable of improving millions of lives around the world. We pride ourselves on creating a culture and work environment that is scientifically driven, ambitious, and collaborative. We encourage diversity of thought that leads to great innovation and are looking to add great people to our dynamic team who are driven to transform the lives of patients. We are currently focused on the development of two intelligently designed, scientifically novel clinical platforms:
An HBV program intent on creating a new class of oral therapeutics to finally cure hepatitis B. Our program is built on ingenuity, vision and experience and has the potential to improve cure rates for individuals with chronic hepatitis B (HBV) in our lifetime. Our strong scientific expertise in discovering small molecules targeting the HBV core protein has made us a leader in the field.
A Microbiome program of potentially life-changing oral live biotherapeutics to transform the treatment of an entire range of diseases linked to the microbiome. We believe our Microbiome platform represents a best in class approach, translating naturally evolved, bacteria-host pharmacological interactions into rationally selected, live oral biotherapeutics.
Assembly Bio has a strong balance sheet and is well-positioned to advance our innovative research and potential medicines in HBV-cure and the Microbiome. Headquartered in South San Francisco, CA, Assembly Bio also operates a microbiome manufacturing facility in Groton, CT, and has offices in China.
Assembly Biosciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Apply for this Job
* - required fields
BACK | NEXT