Contract Lab Technician I/II (Microbiome)
Location: Groton, Connecticut
The Laboratory Technician I or II, Drug Substance Process Development (Microbiome) will provide support functions in the development and qualification of robust processes for production of human commensal bacteria suitable for use as therapeutic agents. The individual will assist laboratory operations by preparing media, equipment, and executing housekeeping duties such as autoclaving, according to written procedures. Documentation of these duties in laboratory notebook systems is expected.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Follow written procedures for consistent and reliable preparation of complex media recipes
- Documentation in laboratory notebook systems
- Perform problem-solving and troubleshooting activities, as needed
- Support activities for process optimization, platform development, technology evaluation, and continuous improvement efforts
- Assist in supply of Drug Substance materials for characterization and development activities within partner functions, including Research, Drug Product Development, Analytical Development, and Quality Control
Preferred Qualifications include:
- High school diploma with 2+ years of relevant experience or Associate’s degree with 0 – 2 years of relevant experience for Laboratory Technician I. Additional qualifications or years of experience may qualify candidates for Laboratory Technician II.
- Reliability, punctuality, and ability to operate in a fast-paced laboratory environment
- Professional, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Attention to detail and excellent documentation skills
About Assembly Bio
Assembly Biosciences (NASDAQ: ASMB) is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company with cutting-edge therapeutics potentially capable of improving millions of lives around the world. We pride ourselves on creating a culture and work environment that is scientifically driven, ambitious, and collaborative. We encourage diversity of thought that leads to great innovation and are looking to add great people to our dynamic team who are driven to transform the lives of patients. We are currently focused on the development of two intelligently designed, scientifically novel clinical platforms:
An HBV program intent on creating a new class of oral therapeutics to finally cure hepatitis B. Our program is built on ingenuity, vision and experience and has the potential to improve cure rates for individuals with chronic hepatitis B (HBV) in our lifetime. Our strong scientific expertise in discovering small molecules targeting the HBV core protein has made us a leader in the field.
A Microbiome program of potentially life-changing oral live biotherapeutics to transform the treatment of an entire range of diseases linked to the microbiome. We believe our Microbiome platform represents a best in class approach, translating naturally evolved, bacteria-host pharmacological interactions into rationally selected, live oral biotherapeutics.
Assembly Bio has a strong balance sheet and is well-positioned to advance our innovative research and potential medicines in HBV-cure and the Microbiome. Headquartered in South San Francisco, CA, Assembly Bio also operates a microbiome manufacturing facility in Groton, CT, and has offices in China.
Assembly Biosciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Apply for this Job
* - required fields
BACK | NEXT