Associate Director, Project Management
Location: South San Francisco, California, United States
The Associate Director, Project Management plans and executes one or more projects in preclinical or clinical development. Partners with project leaders to develop project strategy and drives execution. Plans and directs schedules and monitors budget/spending. Ensures consistent practices throughout all phases of the project life cycle. Drives the development and manages the execution of high quality, integrated cross-functional plans for projects. Applies project management best practices in the development, initiation, planning, execution, control and closing of projects. Provides clear guidance on program deliverables and timelines to meet expectations of external customers and business stakeholders. Interacts with research and development, CMC, clinical, and regulatory departments and with external stakeholders. Responsible for project performance, risk management, administration, financial management and issue resolution for assigned projects.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Drives project execution through the development and implementation of high quality, integrated cross-functional project plans for drug-development programs
- Gathers data from key stakeholders and functional management to determine resource and timelines of project elements
- Holds team members accountable for program deliverables, as appropriate
- Co-chairs project/program team meetings, prepares high quality meeting minutes and ensures that program information is communicated to team members and other project customers as appropriate
- Provides project management support for functional areas on the project. Organizes subteam meetings and ad-hoc working groups.
- Manages cross-functional teams by facilitating team discussion and agreement on clear, concise program goals. Oversees deliverables to support program objectives; identifies risks, supports the development of risk mitigation plans, and escalates risks and risk mitigation as appropriate
- Provides regular project status updates to senior leadership
- Plans, implements, and maintains detailed project timelines and measures project (milestone) performance vs. time, budget and agreed upon end points
- Applies best practices in the development, initiation, planning, execution, control and closing of projects
- Leads or contributes to department and company initiatives for continuous improvement.
- Keeps current with industry trends to ensure best industry practices and high- quality project management
- May supervise one or more Project Management Associates
- May work in collaboration with a partner company to ensure effective communication and drive cross-company execution of collaborative programs
Preferred Experience includes:
- Bachelor’s degree in the life sciences or related discipline; advanced degree or MBA preferred
- 12+ years of relevant biopharmaceutical project management experience, including experience managing cross-functional drug development teams. Candidates with advanced degrees will be considered in lieu of years of actual experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of the drug development process, including clinical trials
- Prior experience managing regulatory submissions (IND or NDA)
- Self-motivated, comfortable in fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
- Effective communication, interpersonal, collaboration, and negotiation skills. Demonstrated ability to drive results without formal authority.
- Highly organized and efficient, close attention to detail and able to orchestrate multiple projects simultaneously
- Project management certification (PMP or equivalent) is a plus
About Assembly Bio
Assembly Biosciences (NASDAQ: ASMB) is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company with cutting-edge therapeutics potentially capable of improving millions of lives around the world. We pride ourselves on creating a culture and work environment that is scientifically driven, ambitious, and collaborative. We encourage diversity of thought that leads to great innovation and are looking to add great people to our dynamic team who are driven to transform the lives of patients. We are currently focused on the development of two intelligently designed, scientifically novel clinical platforms:
An HBV program intent on creating a new class of oral therapeutics to finally cure hepatitis B. Our program is built on ingenuity, vision and experience and has the potential to improve cure rates for individuals with chronic hepatitis B (HBV) in our lifetime. Our strong scientific expertise in discovering small molecules targeting the HBV core protein has made us a leader in the field.
A Microbiome program of potentially life-changing oral live biotherapeutics to transform the treatment of an entire range of diseases linked to the microbiome. We believe our Microbiome platform represents a best in class approach, translating naturally evolved, bacteria-host pharmacological interactions into rationally selected, live oral biotherapeutics.
Assembly Bio has a strong balance sheet and is well-positioned to advance our innovative research and potential medicines in HBV-cure and the Microbiome. Headquartered in South San Francisco, CA, Assembly Bio also operates a microbiome manufacturing facility in Groton, CT, and has offices in China.
Assembly Biosciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Apply for this Job
* - required fields
BACK | NEXT