Associate Director, DMPK
Location: South San Francisco, California, United States
We are seeking an experienced and highly motivated expert with industry experience in DMPK focused on small molecule lead optimization for discovery research programs. This position will be responsible for leading DMPK interactions with an interdisciplinary drug discovery team to facilitate the successful achievement of lead optimization programs and the rapid progression of drug candidates in preclinical development.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Supervise external DMPK scientists in the execution and design of DMPK experiments to support research and development programs.
- Support lead optimization programs and work in close collaboration with interdisciplinary drug discovery teams to optimize the DMPK properties of drug candidates.
- Ensure complete preclinical DMPK assessment for clinical-stage drug candidates
- Responsible for understanding routes of elimination, levels and identity of circulating metabolites and toxicology coverage as needed.
- Manage GLP bioanalytical labs for nonclinical sample analysis
- Will be responsible for scientific/technical aspects as well as management of assigned studies including protocol development, budget, timelines, oversight of outsourced activities, data analysis/interpretation and report writing.
Not sure if you are qualified for this position? We know that skills and experience can show up in different ways and we welcome resumes from a broad range of applicants. You are encouraged to apply even if you do not meet each of the listed preferred qualifications.
Preferred Qualifications include:
- Typical experience for an Associate Director usually includes a PhD with around 7 years of industry DMPK experience. Non-PhD candidates with additional years of industry experience are encouraged to apply. Candidates with a strong background in pharmacokinetics / pharmacodynamics and ADME as applied in small molecule lead optimization will be considered uniquely qualified for this role.
- The candidate should have demonstrated technical knowledge and industrial experience in multiple DMPK areas and an in depth understanding of the experimental DMPK methodologies and approaches, in vitro and in vivo, utilized in lead optimization.
- The candidate must be able to work with multiple disciplines in drug discovery and provide efficient guidance to medicinal chemists in the lead optimization process.
- Experience in the preparation of regulatory documents and knowledge of regulatory guidance in relation to DMPK activities.
- Experience in PK/PD modeling is a plus
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Organized and detail-oriented
- This position is based at our South San Francisco, CA location and you should expect to be onsite 2-3 days per week once it is safe to return to the office. This position is not open to a remote hire.
About Assembly Bio
Assembly Biosciences (NASDAQ: ASMB) is an ambitious clinical stage biopharmaceutical company with cutting-edge therapeutics potentially capable of improving the lives of millions living with chronic hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection around the world. We are currently focused on an HBV program intent on creating a new class of oral therapeutics to finally cure hepatitis B. Our program is built on ingenuity, vision and experience and has the potential to improve cure rates for individuals with chronic hepatitis B (HBV) in our lifetime. Our strong scientific expertise in discovering small molecules targeting the HBV core protein has made us a leader in the field.
We pride ourselves on creating a culture and work environment that is scientifically driven, ambitious, and collaborative. We encourage diversity of thought that leads to great innovation and are looking to add great people to our dynamic team who are driven to transform the lives of patients. We set our sights high—and pursue our goals with determination. Our unique organization stands ready to welcome talented, motivated individuals, who share our ambitions.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity and inclusion and will not tolerate discrimination and harassment of any kind. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Information for Recruitment Agencies
Assembly Bio does not accept from recruiters/agencies any unsolicited resumes, or any candidate information including blinded resumes and will not be responsible for any fees related to resumes or candidate information that is unsolicited. Please do not contact hiring managers or Assembly Bio employees directly with any information related to a resume or a candidate. We handle all recruiting through our internal Human Resources team, and we will reach out to you directly should we wish to engage in a search. Your willingness to comply with this will significantly impact any decision we may make about doing business with you.
Apply for this Job
* - required fields
BACK | NEXT