Associate Director / Director, FP&A
Location: South San Francisco, California, United States
We are seeking an Associate Director/Director to join Assembly Bio and lead our Financial Planning & Analysis function. In this highly collaborative role, you will partner with Assembly’s function heads to develop and maintain budgets and forecasts in accordance with company goals. You will own the strategy and execution for the FP&A function, so we are looking for a high-level thinker with a desire to execute.
Qualified candidates must have the ability to execute multiple work-streams in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and remain open to new projects and/or responsibilities as the business evolves. Candidates must have strong attention to detail, problem solving skills, time management skills, the ability to effectively business partner across functions and a high aptitude for critical thinking and the ability to structure analyses to generate insights and drive decision making. Must be proactive and deadline oriented.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Lead a robust FP&A function at a growing company
- Serve as a partner and teammate to department and program leads by structuring and providing analysis to generate key insights, design of appropriate business cases and financial stewardship
- Collaborate with and provide financial support for executive leadership, including creation of financial models, executive/BOD level presentations and scenario analysis to support decision making
- Lead the near-term and long-term financial planning and budget process, partnering with program management and finance leadership to develop financial plans to execute against company priorities and coordination for strategic planning
- Serve as finance representative on cross-functional product development teams, managing program budgets, coordinating cost projections and conducting what-if analysis
- Ensure timely delivery and accuracy of monthly financial reporting & budget vs. actual reporting
- Manage forecasting and annual budgeting for multiple functions. Bring a continuous improvement mindset including new ideas for ways of working, analytics and outputs that elevate the insights and/or generate efficiencies
- Develop comprehensive knowledge of our business.
- Become a subject matter expert on clinical pipeline, supply chain and collaborations
- Meet regularly with functional heads and management
- Provide standardized reporting with clear explanations of monthly variances versus expectations
- Identify, track and analyze key metrics that impact the business
- Partner with accounting staff to ensure accuracy and integrity of company financials
Preferred Qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, or equivalent experience combined with 12+ years of industry experience in FP&A / Corporate Finance. In lieu of actual years, consideration will be given to candidates with direct experience in the biopharmaceutical industry supporting R&D.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong financial analysis and solid knowledge of managerial accounting
- Ability to anticipate and proactively plan in fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and cross-functionally with multiple teams throughout the company
- Oracle experience a plus
- Planful experience a plus
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel and modeling
- Ability to build strong relationships with co-workers across functions
- Ability to function at a high level in a team setting whether leading a cross-functional group or acting as an individual contributor
- Flexibility and a “can-do” attitude
- Intellectual curiosity, self-starter
- Critical thinking
About Assembly Bio
Assembly Biosciences (NASDAQ: ASMB) is an ambitious clinical stage biopharmaceutical company with cutting-edge therapeutics potentially capable of improving the lives of millions living with chronic hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection around the world. We are currently focused on an HBV program intent on creating a new class of oral therapeutics to finally cure hepatitis B.
Our program is built on ingenuity, vision and experience and has the potential to improve cure rates for individuals with chronic hepatitis B (HBV) in our lifetime. Our strong scientific expertise in discovering small molecules targeting the HBV core protein has made us a leader in the field.
We pride ourselves on creating a culture and work environment that is scientifically driven, ambitious, and collaborative. We encourage diversity of thought that leads to great innovation and are looking to add great people to our dynamic team who are driven to transform the lives of patients. We set our sights high—and pursue our goals with determination. Our unique organization stands ready to welcome talented, motivated individuals, who share our ambitions.
Assembly Biosciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Apply for this Job
* - required fields
BACK | NEXT