Associate Director / Director, DMPK
Location: South San Francisco, California, United States
We are seeking an experienced, creative, and highly motivated expert with industry research experience in DMPK focused on small molecule lead optimization for discovery research programs, preclinical and clinical drug development. In addition to overseeing a group of external professionals, this position will be responsible for leading DMPK interactions with an interdisciplinary drug discovery team to facilitate the successful achievement of lead optimization programs and the rapid and efficient progression of drug candidates in preclinical development.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Supervise and mentor a group of external DMPK scientists supporting research and development programs.
- Provide scientific guidance on chemical lead optimization programs and work in close collaboration with interdisciplinary drug discovery teams to optimize the DMPK properties of candidate drugs.
- Close interaction with individual research and development groups, and effective communication.
- Ensure complete preclinical DMPK assessment for clinical-stage candidate molecules
- Manage GLP bioanalytical labs for clinical and nonclinical sample analysis
- Responsible for understanding routes of elimination, levels and identity of circulating metabolites and toxicology coverage as needed.
- Will be responsible for scientific/technical aspects as well as management of assigned studies including protocol development, budget, timelines, oversight of outsourced activities, data analysis/interpretation and report writing.
- Support formulation development: pharmacokinetic studies, GastroPlus simulations/analysis
Preferred Qualifications include:
- PhD in chemistry, biochemistry, or related discipline, with 7+ years of pharmaceutical industry experience. Candidates at the Director level should have a PhD with 10+ years. In lieu of a PhD, candidates who possess a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree with additional industry experience will be considered
- A strong background in ADME and pharmacokinetics/pharmacodynamics as applied in small molecule lead optimization.
- Exceptional knowledge of metabolic routes of biotransformation, metabolite identification and the chemistry of drug metabolism are required.
- The candidate should have demonstrated technical knowledge and industrial experience in multiple DMPK areas and an in depth understanding of the experimental DMPK methodologies and approaches, in vitro and in vivo, utilized in chemical lead optimization.
- The candidate must be able to work with multiple disciplines in drug discovery and provide exceptional guidance to medicinal chemists in the lead optimization process.
- The candidate needs the ability to conduct innovative research in DMPK applied to the discovery of novel drug candidates to achieve defined milestones in a fast-paced environment.
- The candidate should have extensive knowledge of preclinical drug development and may have experience in the preparation of regulatory documents, e.g. INDs and NDAs. In addition, she/he should be a goal oriented. Additional requirements include highly effective organizational and communication skills.
- The preferred candidate would also have experience and knowledge in the CMC arena and drug formulation.
- Motivated self-starter with the proven leadership potential and the ability to understand, plan, and navigate in a matrixed environment. Successful candidates should possess the drive to work independently with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including exceptional collaboration and relationship management skills
- Organized and detail-oriented with the ability to balance attention to detail and the “big picture”
About Assembly Bio
Assembly Biosciences (NASDAQ: ASMB) is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company with cutting-edge therapeutics potentially capable of improving millions of lives around the world. We pride ourselves on creating a culture and work environment that is scientifically driven, ambitious, and collaborative. We encourage diversity of thought that leads to great innovation and are looking to add great people to our dynamic team who are driven to transform the lives of patients. We are currently focused on the development of two intelligently designed, scientifically novel clinical platforms:
An HBV program intent on creating a new class of oral therapeutics to finally cure hepatitis B. Our program is built on ingenuity, vision and experience and has the potential to improve cure rates for individuals with chronic hepatitis B (HBV) in our lifetime. Our strong scientific expertise in discovering small molecules targeting the HBV core protein has made us a leader in the field.
A Microbiome program of potentially life-changing oral live biotherapeutics to transform the treatment of an entire range of diseases linked to the microbiome. We believe our Microbiome platform represents a best in class approach, translating naturally evolved, bacteria-host pharmacological interactions into rationally selected, live oral biotherapeutics.
Assembly Bio has a strong balance sheet and is well-positioned to advance our innovative research and potential medicines in HBV-cure and the Microbiome. Headquartered in South San Francisco, CA, Assembly Bio also operates a microbiome manufacturing facility in Groton, CT, and has offices in China.
Assembly Biosciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Apply for this Job
* - required fields
BACK | NEXT