Assistant Lab Manager / Lab Manager
Location: South San Francisco, California, United States
The Assistant Lab Manager / Lab Manager will support the Virology research team in addition to other functional roles within the company and will assume primary responsibility for ensuring successful and efficient day-to-day operations of the Virology labs.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Lab Operations & Safety Compliance
- Ensure and maintain organization within the labs
- Serve as a liaison between scientists and the building facilities team to ensure clear communication on any facilities-related matters
- Ensure compliance with lab safety regulations
- Maintain safety training records for each member of the team
- Assist with compound and clinical sample receiving and management
- Inventory Procurement
- Order, track and receive lab supplies
- Manage the stockroom inventory for routinely used lab supplies
- Equipment Maintenance
- Coordinate repair, maintenance and calibration of lab equipment
- Serve as the primary point of contact for any equipment failures and alarms
- Manage the equipment inventory
- Vendor Relations
- Build and maintain relationships with a multitude of vendors
- Negotiate pricing for lab supplies, equipment and service agreements
- Work with the finance team to setup new vendors in the internal procurement system
- Support the Virology research team in any other capacity as needed
Preferred Qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific field
- Familiarity with a biological research laboratory and EHS/OSHA requirements
- Self-motivated, with strong organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail, accountable for results
- Ability to execute tasks in a timely manner
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
About Assembly Bio
Assembly Biosciences (NASDAQ: ASMB) is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company with cutting-edge therapeutics potentially capable of improving millions of lives around the world. We pride ourselves on creating a culture and work environment that is scientifically driven, ambitious, and collaborative. We encourage diversity of thought that leads to great innovation and are looking to add great people to our dynamic team who are driven to transform the lives of patients. We are currently focused on the development of two intelligently designed, scientifically novel clinical platforms:
An HBV program intent on creating a new class of oral therapeutics to finally cure hepatitis B. Our program is built on ingenuity, vision and experience and has the potential to improve cure rates for individuals with chronic hepatitis B (HBV) in our lifetime. Our strong scientific expertise in discovering small molecules targeting the HBV core protein has made us a leader in the field.
A Microbiome program of potentially life-changing oral live biotherapeutics to transform the treatment of an entire range of diseases linked to the microbiome. We believe our Microbiome platform represents a best in class approach, translating naturally evolved, bacteria-host pharmacological interactions into rationally selected, live oral biotherapeutics.
Assembly Bio has a strong balance sheet and is well-positioned to advance our innovative research and potential medicines in HBV-cure and the Microbiome. Headquartered in South San Francisco, CA, Assembly Bio also operates a microbiome manufacturing facility in Groton, CT, and has offices in China.
Assembly Biosciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Apply for this Job
* - required fields
BACK | NEXT