Analyst / Senior Analyst, FP&A
Location: South San Francisco, California, United States
The Analyst / Senior Financial Analyst, FP&A will work with a variety of cross functional teams and support high energy and fast paced business partners. This role will support R&D and G&A in forecasting, budgeting, reporting, strategic planning, decision support, accounting close activities, clinical trial accounting, and analytics. This role will report to the Associate Director, FP&A.
Qualified candidates must have the ability to execute multiple work-streams in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and remain open to new projects and/or responsibilities as the business evolves. Candidates must have strong attention to detail, ability to effectively business partner across functions, drive decision making, problem solving, and time management skills. Must be proactive and deadline oriented.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensure timely delivery and accuracy of monthly financial reporting, and budget vs. actual reporting
- Manage forecasting and annual budgeting for multiple functions
- Develop comprehensive knowledge of our business, including becoming a subject matter expert on our clinical pipeline
- Meet regularly with functional heads and management
- Provide explanations of monthly variances versus expectations
- Identify, track and analyze key metrics that impact the business
- Perform financial modeling and scenario analysis, as needed or requested
- Provide timely financial analysis on an ad-hoc basis to management
- Partner with accounting staff to ensure accuracy and integrity of company financials
- Manage Vendor Master data in Oracle
- Monthly AMEX coding for expenses
- Provide support to the accounting team during month-end and quarter-end close process including, but not limited to allocations, mis-posting reviews, fixed assets, investment portfolio activity, expense reporting and accrual analysis.
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Business, or equivalent practical experience
- 2+ years of experience in biotech industry, specifically in FP&A / Corporate Finance supporting R&D. Candidates at the Senior Financial Analyst level should have 5+ years. Basic accounting knowledge would be a plus.
- Overall experience should demonstrate success and proficiency with the key responsibilities outlined above
- Strong financial analysis and solid knowledge of managerial accounting; experience with FP&A Planning system a plus, specifically HOST Analytics
- Moderate to high level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel and modeling; Oracle experience a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A self-starter, able to exhibit professionalism and problem-solve with minimal oversight
- Team player who can use their exceptional interpersonal skills to manage competing priorities and deliver key updates in a succinct and impactful way
About Assembly Bio
Assembly Biosciences (NASDAQ: ASMB) is a clinical-stage biotechnology company developing innovative therapeutics targeting hepatitis B virus (HBV) and diseases associated with the microbiome. The HBV program is focused on advancing a new class of potent, oral core inhibitors that have the potential to increase cure rates for chronically infected patients. The microbiome program is developing novel oral live microbial biotherapeutic candidates with Assembly Bio’s fully integrated platform, including a robust process for strain identification and selection, GMP banking and production, and targeted delivery to the lower gastrointestinal tract with the GEMICEL® technology.
We believe our Microbiome platform represents a best in class approach to developing biopharmaceutical agents from live biotherapeutic products. ABI-M201, our lead program in mildly to moderately active ulcerative colitis (UC), is currently in a phase 1b clinical trial. This program is part of a broader collaboration we established with Allergan in 2017 for gastrointestinal programs such as UC, Crohn’s disease and Irritable Bowel Syndromes. Our internal pipeline comprises first in class or best in class live microbial biotherapeutic approaches in areas such as oncology, immune mediated and metabolic disorders, and other areas of high medical need.
We pride ourselves on creating a culture and work environment that is scientifically driven, ambitious, and collaborative. We encourage diversity of thought that leads to great innovation and are looking to add to our dynamic team of great people who are driven to transform the lives of patients.
Assembly Bio is headquartered in Carmel, Indiana, while the R&D headquarters is in South San Francisco. The Company also has a microbiome manufacturing facility in Groton, CT, and offices in China. Assembly Bio has a strong balance sheet having raised approximately $166 million in July 2018. We are positioned well to build the next phase of the Company toward global development and commercialization of our innovative medicines in HBV-cure and the Microbiome.
Assembly Biosciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Apply for this Job
* - required fields
BACK | NEXT