Accountant / Senior Accountant
Location: South San Francisco, California, United States
The Finance & Accounting team is searching for an enthusiastic accounting professional who provides support in all areas of the finance department including accounts payable, month-end close, and special projects.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the maintenance and reconciliation of certain general ledger accounts, including most accrued expenses
- Ensure all responsible general ledger transactions are accounted for in accordance with U.S. GAAP
- Prepare and book journal entries for month-end close
- Process Purchase Requisition to Purchase Order conversion
- Manage and own the supplier set up process
- Manage the expense report review and coding in Concur, including reviewing receipts for appropriateness of Amex card usage per the Company policy
- Maintains fixed assets in Oracle
- Assist in on-boarding and off-boarding employees, including making updates in all relevant Finance systems (Paychex, Shareworks, Concur and Oracle)
- Process semi-monthly payroll and ad-hoc payrolls (terminations, equity-related payrolls for RSUs vesting or option exercises, etc.)
- Assist with annual audit and tax return requests from third parties
- Partners with team members and other functional areas within Assembly including Regulatory, QA, Legal, Data Management and Biometrics
- Contribute to the development of the Clinical Operations SOPs, best practices, work instructions, tools and templates
- Prepares various analyses as directed by Finance Department leadership
- Ensure consistent compliance with Company’s policies and procedures
- Assist with special projects, as directed
Not sure if you are qualified for this position? We know that skills and experience can show up in different ways and we welcome resumes from a broad range of applicants. You are encouraged to apply even if you do not meet each of the listed preferred qualifications.
- Typical experience usually includes a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance with around 5 years of relevant experience. Candidates at the senior level should have additional experience. Those with public accounting experience or who are a qualified CPA will be considered in lieu of actual experience.
- Solid working knowledge for Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Experience in various roles (need not be concurrent) month-end closing processes, payroll, accounts payable, accruals, asset management, data analysis and reporting
- Working knowledge of accounting procedures and internal controls
- Exposure to Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) required
- Experience working within an ERP system, Oracle preferred
- Motivated self-starter who can work independently with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention-to-detail and a cooperative attitude
- Excellent professional and interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Exhibits proactive attributes and ability to research ad hoc requests
- Previous experience in Life Sciences or Biopharma
- This position is based at our South San Francisco, CA location and you should expect to be onsite 2-3 days per week once it is safe to return to the office. This position is not open to a remote hire, and relocation assistance is not available.
COVID-19 Vaccination: As a condition of employment, you will be required to show proof that you are fully vaccinated by your first day of employment. You are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after your second dose in a 2-dose series, (Pfizer or Moderna vaccines), or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine, (Johnson & Johnson’s/Janssen vaccine). If you are unable to be vaccinated for a medical or disability-related reason, or a deeply held religious belief, Human Resources will discuss potential exemptions and accommodations with you.
About Assembly Bio
Assembly Biosciences (NASDAQ: ASMB) is an ambitious clinical stage biopharmaceutical company with cutting-edge therapeutics potentially capable of improving the lives of millions living with chronic hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection around the world. We are currently focused on an HBV program intent on creating a new class of oral therapeutics to finally cure hepatitis B. Our program is built on ingenuity, vision and experience and has the potential to improve cure rates for individuals with chronic hepatitis B (HBV) in our lifetime. Our strong scientific expertise in discovering small molecules targeting the HBV core protein has made us a leader in the field.
We pride ourselves on creating a culture and work environment that is scientifically driven, ambitious, and collaborative. We encourage diversity of thought that leads to great innovation and are looking to add great people to our dynamic team who are driven to transform the lives of patients. We set our sights high—and pursue our goals with determination. Our unique organization stands ready to welcome talented, motivated individuals, who share our ambitions.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity and inclusion and will not tolerate discrimination and harassment of any kind. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Information for Recruitment Agencies
Assembly Bio does not accept from recruiters/agencies any unsolicited resumes, or any candidate information including blinded resumes and will not be responsible for any fees related to resumes or candidate information that is unsolicited. Please do not contact hiring managers or Assembly Bio employees directly with any information related to a resume or a candidate. We handle all recruiting through our internal Human Resources team, and we will reach out to you directly should we wish to engage in a search. Your willingness to comply with this will significantly impact any decision we may make about doing business with you.
Apply for this Job
* - required fields
BACK | NEXT